Kitces Marketing Summit 2022
Using Education-Based Marketing To Show Your (Unique) Expertise
This event has passed, but you can still purchase the recording.
Registrants of the April 19 Summit have been sent a recording of the live event.
See How Successful Advisors Demonstrate Their Expertise To Attract Prospects
Traditional financial advisor marketing was all about the quantity of prospects over the quality of the message. From cold calling to cold knocking to networking meetings, the ‘Game of Numbers’ was to get through as many “no’s” as it took to get to the next prospect who said “Yes” and bought the product.
But selling advice is fundamentally different from selling a product. Prospects need to believe that you have the knowledge and skills to solve their problems before they’re willing to hire you. Which means that, when marketing your advice to potential clients, it’s essential to showcase your expertise and demonstrate your credibility.
At the Kitces Marketing Summit, you’ll see what successful financial advisors do to put their expertise on display, using educational content to attract their ideal clients. To employ an education-based marketing strategy, real financial advisors leverage audio (podcasts), video (virtual workshops and webinars), and writing (blogging). So get ready for a unique behind-the-scenes look!
No vendors. No sponsors. Just a series of 30-minute, real conversations between our co-hosts Michael Kitces and Taylor Schulte and our expert guests—financial advisors who will screenshare their audio, video, and written marketing strategies — the real-world tools they use to communicate their expertise to clients.
30-Minute, Real World Conversations With Advisors Who Know What Success Looks Like
Each guest will screenshare their actual education-based marketing strategies and show how they attract prospects and establish trust.
Get ready for a unique behind-the-scenes look at education-based marketing strategies using audio, video, and writing.
Turning A Podcast Into Real New Revenue
In his session, Casey (the host of the Retire With Purpose Podcast) will show advisors:
- How he uses voice (i.e., his podcast) as his primary strategy for educating his ideal client and growing his firm
- How, in the last three years, he has grown his podcast from zero to ~20,000 downloads per month
- How, in the last 12 months, he has added $20 million in assets under management to his firm as a result of his education-based marketing strategies
Accelerating Growth By Guesting On Other Podcasts
In her session, Anna (Founder of Dare to Dream Planning and host of the Financial Powerhouse Podcast) will show advisors:
- How she leverages other, more established podcasts to educate her ideal client and grow her firm.
- She will be showing us her approach to landing interviews with podcast hosts, how her relationship with them extends far beyond the single interview (e.g., many of these hosts are also financial influencers who refer her business on a regular basis)
- Why you don’t have to necessarily start your own podcast to find success if you have a clear niche/specialty
- How, in the last three years, she has grown annual revenue from $50k/year to over $400k/year as a result of her unique approach to using voice to educate
Attracting Prospects With Hyper-Targeted Webinars
In his session, Tushar (Founder of Twin Peaks Wealth Advisors, specializes in helping employees with companies that are going public (or just went public)) will show advisors:
- How he builds and delivers company-specific webinars targeted at employees of companies going public
- He’s also going to be sharing his unique approach to marketing these webinars and attracting registrants
- How, in the last 12 months, Tushar has added 12 new clients and over $180,000 in new revenue as a direct result of this hyper-targeted education based marketing strategy
Getting Paid To Market With Educational Workshops
In her session, Pam (Founder of Brunch and Budget) will show advisors:
- How she gets paid by organization to host live online workshops to educate her ideal client and grow her firm
- How she gets paid by organizations to host online educational workshops for their members and then converts attendees into clients. As Michael highlighted, “when you’re good enough at education-based marketing, you can actually get paid to market yourself.”
- How she establishes these relationships, examples of cold outreach emails, examples of her media kit, how she creates and delivers the workshop, and her clear and powerful CTA for converting attendees into clients
- How, in the last 12 months, she has increased her monthly recurring revenue by $17,000/month
Turning Written Expertise Into Inbound Organic Leads
In his session, Isaac (CEO of Cordant Wealth, specializes in working with tech employees who have complex compensation) will show advisors:
- How he uses his blog to educate his ideal client and grow his firm
- Live examples of SEO optimized blog posts written for his niche that help attract 10,000+ organic visitors per month to his site and also show examples of CTAs he uses to convert that traffic into clients
- How, over the last 12 months, he’s had 20 new clients and $320,00 in new, recurring revenue as a result
Maximizing Your Growth By Repurposing Your Existing Content
In his session, Justin (Founder of Heritage Investors & Heritage Business Advisors) will show advisors:
- His education-based marketing journey and how all the content he produced over the years via podcasting, blogging, social media, webinars, etc. was able to be repurposed into a best-selling book
- He’s also going to show the progression of his content, his exact process for repurposing content, and his call to action for converting readers/listeners/followers into clients
What Others Have Said About Kitces Summits
The Summit Recording is Available for Purchase
A Recording of the live event has been sent to all registrants.
If you did not receive your recording, please email us at [email protected]
Kitces Premier Members receive 25% off the General Admission Ticket Price
with a Kitces Member Code.
All tickets include access to a recording of the Summit, for those who miss the live event or simply want to refer back to it again!
Kitces Premier Member Price
General Admission Price
Interested in becoming a Premier member? Click here to learn more
Become a Premier Member
Kitces.com Premier Membership includes Kitces-Courses discounts, free monthly webinars, over 100 Hours of CE on-demand, CFP ethics, and more!
Discounts are available for group enrollments. Additional discounts apply with a Kitces Premier Group Membership .